[OpenSIPS-Users] mailing list reply-to : list or sender

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Aug 11 13:07:36 CEST 2009

2009/8/11 Victor Gamov <vit at lipetsk.ru>:
> I read many list many years and OpenSER-based software lists (OpenSER,
> OpenSIPS) are only lists where I send reply to poster when I press
> "reply" button.
>
> If I send my questions into list than I expect to read answers at list
> but not as my personal email.

You can also feel it as a bug in your mail client. An intelligent mail
client should detect the "List-ID" header and offer an option "Reply
to the list". Unfortunatelly just a few mail clients implement it
(Kmail does while Outlook, Gmail web interface, Thunderbird... don't
do it).

However, intelligent mail clients (as Kmail) do also offer an option
"Reply to the author" which replies to the "From" header regardless of
the "Reply-To".

Setting/forcing the "Reply-To" header with the value of the list is
not an ellegant solution even if it's probably the most suitable
option these days full of painful mail clients.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>