[OpenSIPS-Users] Rewrite R-URI for incoming PSTN calls

osiris123d duane.larson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 21:23:32 CEST 2009

Nevermind my last post.  I hadn't worked with the PDT MI functions and didn't
know about OpenSIPS reading the database at startup and then needing to use
the MI functions to add or edit stuff in realtime.

Read the following on the PDT page and that should be the answer to my
question "The database is loaded by OpenSIPS at start up time. The module
uses only the cache to look up domains. If you want to add or delete a new
prefix-domain pair at runtime you have to use MI FIFO commands. All changes
made via these commands are applied to database and the cache is updated
correspondingly."

>>> other (e.g. 1000 at example1.com just dials 20000 and ends up by talking to
>>> 20000 at example2.com). It is also possible to receive pstn calls from our
>>> gateway
>>> which addresses the users by an ruri like "10000@<ip-address>".
>>> Everythings great.

>>> uri-parts for different domains (e.g. userxy at example1.com and
>>> userxy at example2.com).

>>> omits the domain part, the sip server redirects the call to our
>>> pstn-gateway
>>> and the call get's established.

>>> where only the first is the user allowed to receive pstn calls for the
>>> pstn
>>> number 10000 and the second is not, the call from our pstn gateway comes
>>> in
>>> with ruri=10000@<ip-address> and because use_domain=1 is set for the
>>> usrloc
>>> module, the sip server cannot direct the call to the user
>>> 10000 at example1.com because 10000 at example1.com is not the same domain as
>>> 10000@<ip-address>.

>>> incoming
>>> call from our pstn gateway for 10000@<ip-address> must be translated for
>>> either 10000 at example1.com or 10000 at example2.com. So we need to rewrite
>>> the
>>> ruri. The best would be a database table holding at least the following