[OpenSIPS-Users] mailing list reply-to : list or sender

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed Aug 5 11:07:47 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 05 August 2009, Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana wrote:
> > "The List" is a worse choice than "Poster" because it limits my choice of
> > whom I want to reply to and makes it more complicated to reply to the
> > sender alone. When using "The List", if I want to reply to the sender
> > alone, I need to employ manual copy/paste of his address, after I manually
> > delete the list address which was automatically added when replying. This
> > is awkward and annoying.
> >
> > With "Poster", I can easily use reply, to reply to the sender alone, or
> > sure the poster will receive a single copy anyway.
> >
> > I don't think nowadays it could be an issue to anyone, as I can't imagine
> > mail user agent without a "Reply all" function.
>
> 99% of list I'm member of works as "The List", because on 99% of replies you
> want to send are to the list.

That's in your world. I was never on any mailing list that used "The List".

However I burned myself when I set the email client to reply to the list by
default for a folder that was for a mailing list and I unwillingly sent a
private email to the list. I find this to be more problematic than the fact
that I may have to resend. "The List" creates more problems than it solves.

--
Dan