[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips-cp CDR correlation

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Apr 30 18:10:10 CEST 2009

2009/4/30 Dan Pascu <dan at ag-projects.com>:
> The B2BUA based solution:
>
> 1. It generates the same amount of media traffic from the network.

Just in the case of calls to a PSTN gw (ok, this is what we are speaking about).

> 2. It needs a specialized B2BUA box with custom logic.

Why couldn't it be integrated in the same proxy box? or why couldn't
it replace the proxy?

> 3. The accounting precision is lower (it can have error margins of
> 15-30-60 seconds). The higher the precision requirements, the more extra
> signaling traffic it will generate.

Sorry, but AFAIK the "RTP-loss" detection also requires some margin (a
media-proxy doesn't terminate a RTP session inmediatelly, usually it's
configured to wait for X seconds, am I wrong?).

> 4. Needs to detect and handle spoofed BYEs.

No, it could react *exactly* as you described above for OpenSIPS proxy
(any BYE mathing From_tag, To_tag and Call-ID is valid, regardless of
any spoofed headers/uri's).

> 5. Requires a custom opensips logic that integrates the B2BUA box in the
> path.

Yes, it requires something so complex as:
   $du = "sip:B2BUA_IP";
XD

Also, the response at point 2 is valid here.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>