[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips openxcap RLS issue

Anca Vamanu anca at opensips.org
Tue Apr 28 10:56:12 CEST 2009

Hi Toni,

TLahna wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have Opensips 1.4.4. with openxcap 1.0.7.
>
> We are using sip_subscribe_rls script of SIP Simple client to send
> RLS-subscriptions.
>
> Is it possible to user opensips with openxcap to build an XDM service for
> RCS specification, where there is one shared resource list that is linked to
> pres-rules and rls-services documents. How well are OMA specifications
> supported by Opensips rls-servces module. OpenXCAP server specification
> mentions that it follows OMA specs related to presence services.

We support only RFC specifications. The part that is still missing is
referencing resource-lists from rls-services document.
> We noted e.g. that RCS defined rls-services notationg
> (user at example.com;pres-list=rcs) of resource lists wasn’t supported by
> Opensips in dec 2008. What is the current situation?
> http://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.opensips.org/msg00605.html

This is still not supported.
> It seems that there has been some problems when referencing resource-list
> from rls-services document in feb 2009. Is this fixed in newer versions?
> http://n2.nabble.com/Regarding-Presentity%27s-presence-information-to-watcher-td2267429.html

It is not supported to define resource-list from rls-services document.
This is however planned for development.
> Our current situation is that we are able to subscribe to RLS and we get one
> NOTIFY that has a content-type "application/rlmi+xml" and it consists of
> contacts in the contact list and nothing else. We don't get notifications
> from presence state changes.
>
> Watcher info and policy-rules are working as we get notifications about the
> state changes in watcher info and we are able to get states from "pending"
> to "active" state.
>
> Server logs inform that handle_publish script in Opensips presence module is
> not able to handle "xcap-diff" events that are sent by openxcap.
>
> Is it the xcap-diff that is causing our problems or is it something else?

Xcap-diff shouldn't have anything to do with notifications for rls.
Event xcap-diff is supported in opensips starting with 1.5. So I suggest
you to disable this in openxcap server.
Anyhow notifications for rls should work. You can try to monitor this by
looking in the database table presentity to check if there are records
for the contact in the rls list. Also check in the log if there are any
errors.

regards,
Anca