[OpenSIPS-Users] Ring Group - Memory Hunt - with serial forking?

Chris Maciejewski chris at wima.co.uk
Sun Apr 19 18:20:13 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to implement a Ring Group with
a Memory Hunt ring strategy.

The scenario looks as follows:

There is a subscriber A, B and C. All of them are members of the same
Ring Group.

When there is a INVITE to a "Ring Group" Opensips should send an
INVITE to subscriber A, after 10 seconds it should send an INVITE to
subscriber B and after another 10 seconds one more INVITE
to subscriber C. If there is no 200 OK from A,B or C in 40 seconds,
call should be forwarded to Voicemail server.

This should look something like:

Caller                           Opensips            A      B      C
----------- INVITE ---------------> |                    |       |        |
                                         |                    |       |        |
<---------------Trying ------------- |                    |       |        |
                                         |                    |       |        |
                                         | --- INVITE -->|       |        |
                                         |  wait 10 seconds  |        |
                                         | ------- INVITE ----->|        |
                                        |  wait 10 seconds   |        |
                                         | ---------- INVITE ----------->|
                                        | wait 20 seconds   |         |
                                        | ------- INVITE ------> Voicemail
( 180 Ringin and other replies omitted).

Is the above possible with Opensips? Which functions should I use?
I understand forking is done with append_brach(), but how to make
Opensips to wait (10 seconds), before sending an INVITE to next
destination?

Any help, suggestions very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Chris