[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips crashed - problem with MD5?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Apr 15 18:48:59 CEST 2009

Carlo Dimaggio wrote:

> Il giorno 15/apr/09, alle ore 15:05, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu ha scritto:
>
>> hmmm...
>>
>> how did you do the upgrade ? maybe you have a mixture of
>> installations between the versions....
>>
>> This is what I get for the 1.5.1 SVN :
>
> I have downloaded the 1.5.1 src and compiled/installed with
>
> sudo make prefix=/ all
> sudo make prefix=/ install
>
> after having stopped the old version. What is the best practice to
> upgrade opensips?
this should be enough, but as there is no "uninstall", there is the risk
of keeping some old files that were not removed by previous installation.

What I do (when having more versions on the same server) is to install
the whole stuff (for a version) under a single directory:
    make prefix=/usr/local/opensips-X.Y install

In this way there is no way of having overlaps.

In your case, I suspect the binary file (opensips) is still from the old
installation - check the creation time.