[OpenSIPS-Users] [asterisk-users] Asterisk is not designed for University with largeuser base?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Apr 13 10:56:25 CEST 2009

Hi Yehavi,

As Alex said, it depends of what exactly you want to implement.

You just have to evaluate your target service and to properly understand
what each piece of software is appropriate for and what it has to offer.

First of all, you have 2 complementary classes of software : you have
softswitches and and you have PBX - you have large capacity softswitches
for 100K subscribers with no media support (like OpenSER/OpenSIPS) and
you have PBX-like software with advanced and complex media capabilities.
(like Asterisk).

There is no sigle software to give the magic complete solution - so, far
the combination of the two types (opensips + asterisk) proved to be a
good solution to covers all needs and all requirements of a complex
solution.

But again, it is up to what you are looking for (as voip platform)