[OpenSIPS-Users] Sending 180 Reply for incoming 183 Early media

Thomas Gelf thomas at gelf.net
Fri Apr 10 18:06:31 CEST 2009

Hi all,

there has been some rumor on IRC regarding this request, and as I do not
longer want to spend time on explaining details again and again I took
some time to write an example code doing exactly what Zizolazizo and
CK_28 wanted to achieve.

Please note: I didn't even test the code, it did never send even one
single SIP packet - I have absolutely no idea whether it will work as
expected. I will try to do some test this evening and let you know the
result.

As there are people insisting on their right for free support (where is
my free beer???) and as they are not stopping to stress and beg each guy
on IRC: here you go, get my maybe-working-script - and please stop
stressing busy people for some hour ;-p

Here an example on how to implement it:

---
loadmodule "textops.so"
loadmodule "perl.so"
modparam("perl", "filename", "/etc/opensips/perlfunctions.pl")

onreply_route[1]
{
    if(t_check_status("183")) {
        strip_body();
        perl_exec("sendReplyAs180");
        drop();
    }
}
---

Suggestions for improvements are welcome. Btw: what about implementing a
Status-mangling-function in OpenSIPS itself?

Cheers,
Thomas Gelf