[OpenSIPS-Users] ACK timout OpenSIPS 1.5

Khan khansfriend at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 17:35:14 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm rookie in SIP technology, strugling with several issues. I am
having problem with UAC's outside network. I have 3 UAC registered
within the network (SJ Phone, Xlite) they are working fine, I can talk
within the network but the problem arrise when I use the UAC outside
my network. I am seeing two different things from two different UAC's.

1. Xlite on a network behind NAT try to register, it registers
successfully after receiving 200 OK it starts senting SUBSCRIBE
requests, which results in 483 Erro (set up in my config) and when
call is placed on this it gives ACK time out, person on the other side
can hear me but i cant hear him.

2. SjPhone is on another network behind NAT, it regiesters fine, and
after registration it starts sending OPTIONS request, which I have
configured to respond as 200 OK. It continiously keep sending the
requst and my config respond to 200 OK.

My question is several parts, what am I doing wrong,
a) why don't I get ACK after 200 OK,
b) how do i handle SUBSCRIBE requests
c) how do i handle OPTIONS request

The sever is simply being used as SIP server for calls, no IM, Video,
or other applications are implemented yet. There are OpenSIPS, MySQL
server, and RTPProxy is running on the box.

Please respond to my request considering my skills in the SIP as
rookie, guide me on how to resolve problem...

Thanks,

Khan....

Sorry for such a long email, I am frustrated :(