[OpenSIPS-Users] mediaproxy-2.x with floating IP

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue Apr 7 14:05:00 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 07 April 2009, Uwe Kastens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a setup with opensips and mediaproxy on one server and an
> active/passive cluster with opensips.
> - server 1 has two IPs, 1st internal 10.10.1.3, 2nd external 10.10.10.3
> - server 2 has two IPs, 1st internal 10.10.1.4, 2nd external 10.10.10.4
> - floating IP (driven by heartbeat-1), internal 10.10.1.5 and external
> 10.10.10.5
>
> The plan is to start opensips and mediaproxy-dispatcher and
> mediaproxy-relay after assigning the floating ips with by heartbeat.

There is no reason to run mediaproxy under heartbeat control. You can
leave both the dispatcher and relay to run all the time and use the real
IP addresses. They will just be idle and only the pair where opensips
runs will be used. You can even use both relays at the same time to load
balance traffic, no matter which server is the master.

--
Dan