[OpenSIPS-Users] Fetching Local Routing Number from the North-American Local Number Portability database

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Wed Apr 1 00:11:23 CEST 2009

Francois,

I also use a SIP-based LRN query service, on Opensips.  I assign the Contact
(pseudovariable $ct) of the 302 reply in a dedicated reply_route, and
further process it in the failure_route to extract the rn= header, reformat
into 10-digits, etc.  For my purposes it just worked out better that way
although you could probably do it all in the reply_route if you felt like
it.

Ovidiu is right -- the Core Transformations are your friend.  You can use
param.value to extract the rn, for example.  I'd recommend you focus on the
tm module as well, used for stateful routing.  Through it you'll be able
control the flow of the message within the proxy, processing it as required
for your application.

- Jeff