[OpenSIPS-Users] Unable to start a freshly-installed Opensips

Juan Backson juanbackson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 13:09:07 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am getting a very strange problem with my new Opensips install running on
Centos.

When I tried to run /usr/local/sbin/opensips, I get nothing returned:

[root at localhost local]# /usr/local/sbin/opensips
[root at localhost local]#

If I start with opensipsctrl, I get the following ERROR:

[root at localhost local]# /usr/local/sbin/opensipsctl start

INFO: Starting OpenSIPS :

ERROR: PID file /var/run/opensips.pid does not exist -- OpenSIPS start
failed
[root at localhost local]#

Could someone please kindly help me out?

Thanks in advance for your help.

JB