[OpenSIPS-Users] Regular expression matching problem in OpenSIPS

Pauba, Kevin L KLPauba at west.com
Wed Sep 3 16:11:01 CEST 2008

You ask a very good question, Jayesh.

If I might add ...

Can someone tell me if there's a difference between the re language for
the "=~" operator and other functions from the textops module like
subst(), subst_user(), et.al.?

I was recently bit by a change in behavior when moving from SER to
OpenSER.  In SER, subst_user(/^/99900/) would add the prefix to the user
part of the R-URI.  The same expression in OpenSER yielded a regular
expression error (something to the effect that the re matched null).  I
had to change this to read subst_user(/^(.*)$/99900\1/) in OpenSER to
get it to work as expected.

An explicit reference in the documents to the re syntax would be helpful
- especially important is any documented differences in the matching
operator "=~" and the functions in other modules like textops.

Thanks!