[OpenSIPS-Users] Lenny or Etch ? (mediaproxy)

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Fri Oct 31 17:05:53 CET 2008

On Thursday 30 October 2008, Grygoriy Dobrovolskyy wrote:
> I will be installing the opensips in production shourtly, so the first
> stage, no cdr logging. I have installed it on debian etch, well after
> that i have searched for a accurate cdr solution, and found that
> mediaproxy and opensips + cdr tool is suitable for me. As i was reading
> further i noticed that mediaproxy-dispatcher should be installed on the
> same system where opensips is, and a lot of peoples has troubles
> installing mediaproxy and etch(gnutls ect).
>

> 1:So, should i reinstall everything on debian lenny ? or the
> dispatcher-only module does not require latest stuff ?

The dispatcher needs the same stuff as the relay, except for linux kernel
netfilter support. It needs a recent gnutls to communicate securely with
the relay, so if etch doesn't provide the necessary gnutls libraries and
you can't make yourself packages for them, then you should use lenny.

> Also i am searching the best stability as possible,i will be using 2
> opensips servers and heartbeat,

lenny is frozen and about to become the next stable release, so I think it
should be stable enough already.

> 2:what is the best scheme for my installation ?
> 3: Maybe i should merge opensips(HA) and mediaproxy(HA) ?  (dell 1950
> quadcore)

There is no need to use HA with mediaproxy. Just start more than one and
they will load balance and dynamically adjust on the fly if media relays
come and go. Plus they will all be used, unlike HA which keeps a slave
idle until the master dies.

--
Dan