[OpenSIPS-Users] [NEW] OpenSIPS console tool

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Oct 15 10:19:16 CEST 2008

Hi Giuseppe.

Giuseppe Roberti wrote:
> Great job, sure.
>
> Only two question.
> 1) Can we use osipsconsole in a backward compatibility mode for
> opensipsctl and so on ?

yes, so far it is full backward compatible - the functionalities are the
same. As Dan pointed out, we will have to add a non-interactive mode
also (to be also compatible as usage also).
> 2) Why perl ? Opensips does not depends on perl, somebody (like me) hate
> installing more than the essential thing.

Well, bash is not appropriate for such complex tools (and you end up
using a lot of other external apps). Perl is wildly used on all the OSs
- it is used by other utilities  and it is very powerful when come to
advanced coding.