[OpenSIPS-Users] [OpenSIPS-Devel] [RFD] Unified way of sending SIP replies from modules

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Fri Oct 10 01:33:55 CEST 2008

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> It is not an error (there is no error reported), but is inconsistent -
> something like buying a car and then taking the bike :)....

There are errors reported in syslog that the transaction was not released.
And I'm free to buy a car then use a bike. It's not an error to do so... :P

> If we get into details, there are some RFC violation with this: any
> following retransmission will be absorbed by t_newtran, but no reply
> will be retransmited (as RFC says), because the transaction is not
> aware of the reply you sent via sl_send_reply...

OpenSIPS should be able to detect when the script finished processing,
if the transaction that was created was also used in any way or not. If
it was not, it should issue a t_release automatically after the script
returns without issuing any error to syslog.

--
Dan