[OpenSIPS-Users] UpenSIPS and sips

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Oct 6 12:38:15 CEST 2008

Hi Olle,

Olle Frimanson wrote:
> Hi I'm fairly new to OpenSIPS and have a question if OpenSIPS supports
> sips and in that case how it should be configured.
You do not have to do anything special - just send calls with SIPS RURI.
> Today we sucessfully use TLS transport but if we try to make a call
> from one client which is coonected through TLS to another conencted
> through UDP/TCP the call still goes through which it shouldn't.
Why it shouldn't ?

Each device can choose what so ever protocol to connect to the server.
And the server is able to cross calls between the protocols.

The only restriction is when using a SIPS uri - these kind of calls must
be delivered (by all SIP entities on the way) in a secure manner (read TLS).
So, have you tested with SIPS or SIP URI?