[OpenSIPS-Users] [nat_traversal] Replacement of bflag (NAT_CALLED) ?

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed Nov 12 11:14:35 CET 2008

On Wednesday 12 November 2008, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Dan Pascu schrieb:
> > As a side note, nat_traversal itself doesn't need that mechanism
> > because it can figure out itself if a destination device is behind
> > NAT and it needs to keep it alive during a call. So you only call
> > nat_traversal() when you have a caller behind NAT that you want to
> > keep reachable (for either REGISTER, SUBSCRIBE or INVITE sessions).
>
> Hi Dan!
>
> I think for testing if the callee is behind NAT, the nattraversal
> module can not help me, I still have to use the nat_bflag - is this
> correct?

Yes. For your own purposes you need to use a bflag per contact.

What I meant, is that for its internal purposes when it comes to keepalive
endpoints, the nat_traversal module does figure out automatically without
you doing anything, if the destination of an INVITE needs to be kept
alive during the call.

--
Dan