[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy RTP not capture-able?

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Tue Dec 16 14:26:29 CET 2008

Killy,

You were absolutely right.  In some cases, they were leaving via eth0.

The default route of the box is via eth0.  Using ³ip route add table² and
then ³ip rule add from² I send all traffic sourced from eth1¹s IP to a
router connected to eth1.  In this way on all my voice-enabled boxes I keep
the voice traffic on the voice network (eth1) and the non-voice traffic on
eth0.  In this case it seems somehow Mediaproxy is slipping past the rule
that sends traffic via the different gateway.  But, only some of the time.
Mediaproxy¹s RTP (during 183) leaves via eth1 until the second host begins
sending traffic to Mediaproxy.  Once that happens, all Mediaproxy¹s RTP
leaves via eth0.  Very strange.  All media after 200 is also leaves via the
wrong interface.

- Jeff