[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy RTP not capture-able?

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Tue Dec 16 04:11:03 CET 2008

Hello,

I have a working OpenSIPS 1.4 + Mediaproxy 2.1 configuration.  At the
moment, no NAT is involved, and opensips.cfg is set to engage_media_proxy()
on all initial invites.  It works just fine.

I created a pcap file with the command ³tshark ­w mp.pcap ­i eth1 udp²,
causing all the udp on interface eth1 (where OpenSIPS and Mediaproxy
function) to dump to mp.pcap.  During the 183 Session Progress and after the
call was established with 200 OK, I see the RTP packets arriving into
Mediaproxy.  But I do not see them leaving the box destined for the other
side.  Yet I seem to have perfect two-way audio on the call.

Is Mediaproxy sending the packets at such a level where Wireshark/tshark
misses them?

Thanks,
Jeff