[OpenSIPS-Users] NAT traversal issue in case of different internal and external ports

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Mon Dec 15 15:28:49 CET 2008

Iñaki,

Some time back I had a lab setup that used force_rport() on everything that
came in.  This caused problems if the INVITE came from a Broadworks server.
Broadworks does not use source port 5060 on its traffic, for load handling
they say.  Anyway, my replies went to the source port Broadworks used
instead of to 5060.  And, of course, failed.

I never did spend time on how to handle this properly.  Perhaps someone here
has some thoughts.

- Jeff