[OpenSIPS-Users] Old question about mediaproxy "bridge" mode between public and private networks

Giuseppe Roberti jnod at jnod.org
Fri Dec 12 13:43:53 CET 2008

Brett Nemeroff wrote:
> Nice addresses!! (rolling eyes) I guess they just thought they'd start
> re-numbering the internet starting at 1.0.0.0. Brilliant!
>
> Well if it's routable it shouldn't matter. I thought you were going to
> say that you had conflicting addresses in the RFC1918 space (ie: a
> customer with a 192.168.15.20 address and a media gateway also on the
> same address on the other side of the network). Other than that, even
> if they are goofy addresses, it shouldn't matter as long as it's
> properly routable.
It is not routable unless you are in the MAN.

> As for RTP and SIP.. You'll be telling the carriers to send RTP to
> your external IP and signal to your external IP.. So I don't think
> you'll have a problem. I'm curious why you say mediaproxy can't do it.
I'm sorry, i was misunderstanding.

I'm sorry, i was thinking that the relay server have 2 interfaces, one
with public address and one from 1.0.0.0/8, so i was looking if media
relay can listen on this two interfaces and "bridge" traffics.

But i was misunderstanding.
Both UAC and relay are on this MAN, so there is a route between UAC and
relay.
What are missing is a route between the carriers and the relay (that is
natted).
Its a simple problem of natting.
So i have to look something like stun for translating the ip:port
selected by the relay to the related external ip:port (i know that is a
full cone).

Sorry again for the misunderstanding.

--
Giuseppe Roberti