[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy 2.1.0 on Red Hat/CentOS

John Quick John.Quick at smartvox.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 18:32:45 CET 2008

Hi rickygm

I am working on the /etc/init.d/ start/stop scripts at the moment. It is
possible to get something that works (although my version is far from
"bullet-proof") using the sample Debian init files as an initial starting
point:

/usr/local/mediaproxy-2.1.0/debian/mediaproxy-dispatcher.init

/usr/local/mediaproxy-2.1.0/debian/mediaproxy-relay.init

First, I copied them to /etc/init.d and renamed them to shorter names
"mpxydisp" and "mpxyrelay" (because the convention seems to be to use short
names for startup scripts).

Then I cheated a bit and followed the instructions at this link to get a
working version of "start-stop-daemon":

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=10189
<http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=10189&pid=88150#pid881
50> &pid=88150#pid88150

Now edit the startup scripts and replace all cases of "log_daemon_msg",
"log_progress_msg" and "log_end_msg" with simple echo.

Testing it from the command line is so far looking good, but to get it to
work automatically during Linux boot-up just requires reformatting the
comment block at the beginning to match the format required by chkconfig,
then running chkconfig -add mpxydisp

I'll post an update when I've got it working and tested. Hopefully I can
soon put samples of the start/stop scripts available for download from the
smartvox web site.

John Quick

  _____