[OpenSIPS-Users] Clients not registering after a reload

Joan aseques at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 18:35:45 CET 2008

2008/12/4 Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>:
> 2008/12/4 Joan <aseques at gmail.com>:
>
>> The weird problem we have, is that when we do a normal reload
>> (/etc/init.d/opensips force-reload|restart).
>
> OpenSIPS has no reload (except for some modules via FIFO). What you
> are doing is a *complete* *restart*.

Yeah, I know, but currently it is the only way to reload the
configuration, AFAIC?

>> The phones cannot longer register.
>
> This mean that you are using "usrloc", "db_mode" = 0 (no DB).
> The question is: are you using a database? If not, there is no
> possible to keep registrations after restarting OpenSIPS (maybe using
> db_text that I've never tryed).

I am already using database (db_mode=1 already), and it seems to be
working fine in the job of keeping the entries on the table.

I see that I didn't make myself clear.
The problem is not that the phones are no longer registered, that
isn't a big deal for me if they have to re-REGISTER.
The problem is that Opensips stops listening for any registration,
it's just silently discarding all the phones messages.