[OpenSIPS-Users] [OpenSIPS-Devel] Planning next release - Roadmap

Alex G greekman0000 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 23:42:32 CEST 2008

My addition to this wish list would be better presence integration with
current phones like polycom, snom, and aastra (in that order).

Currently the online/offline status of the presence module seems a bit weak
to me. There should be some form of status storage beyond that. All these
phones communicate with each other with slightly augmented methods in
sending and recieving their presence info. If we could get that data (on the
phone/off the phone, etc) to be read and handled by the presence module, and
then take it a step further and keep the data updated in the db for other
applications to access this presence info, I feel that the opensips offering
as a whole would be greatly strengthened.

Not necissarily looking for a b2bu, mostly just a module that can atleast
store a state other than online/offline