[OpenSIPS-Users] load balancing + calls dropped

sai at 800pbx.com sai at 800pbx.com
Wed Aug 20 08:19:05 CEST 2008

Hi,

We have a setup where we are using load balancing using the option "0",
which is hash over callid. We have a set of three proxies in the
dispatcher list as shown below:

# $Id: dispatcher.list 3662 2008-02-07 13:06:00Z miconda $
# dispatcher destination sets
#

# line format
# setit(integer) destination(sip uri) flags (integer, optional)

# gateways
2 sip:xxx.xxx.xxx.34:5069
2 sip:xxx.xxx.xxx.42:5069
2 sip:xxx.xxx.xxx.50:5069

The loadbalancer.cfg config file is as shown below. We are facing issue of
calls getting dropped occasionally with the setup shown here. The load
balancing works fine for some calls but then the calls are not going
through for a small amount of time. Can any one share your views or help
with inputs why we could be facing this issue??

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Regards,
Sai.

Loadbalancer.cfg
------------------

#
# $Id: dispatcher.cfg 4507 2008-07-29 10:53:32Z bogdan_iancu $
# sample config file for dispatcher module
#

debug=9          # debug level (cmd line: -dddddddddd)
fork=yes
log_stderror=yes  # (cmd line: -E)

children=2
check_via=no      # (cmd. line: -v)
dns=off           # (cmd. line: -r)
rev_dns=off       # (cmd. line: -R)
port=5060

# for more info: sip_router -h

# ------------------ module loading ----------------------------------
mpath="/usr/local/lib/opensips/modules/"
loadmodule "maxfwd.so"
loadmodule "sl.so"
loadmodule "dispatcher.so"

# loadmodule "modules/tm/tm.so"

# ----------------- setting module-specific parameters ---------------
# -- dispatcher params --

modparam("dispatcher", "list_file", "/usr/local/etc/opensips/dispatch.list")
modparam("dispatcher", "force_dst", 1)
# failover
modparam("dispatcher", "flags", 3)

route{