[OpenSIPS-Users] Delete alias references in SIP messages

Guillaume Lacroix gl at worldline.fr
Mon Aug 11 17:55:29 CEST 2008

Hello,

I would like to know if there an easy way to remove any reference to the
SIP alias in the SIP messages for some incoming calls and to replace
them with the SIP username.

Roughly, a user dial the number 012345 from the PSTN. The call goes to a
PSTN GW and is then sent to OpenSER through an INVITE message (INVITE
012345 at domain...). The To header also contains 012345 at domain. After the
look up in the alias DB, the alias is replace by the SIP username, but
it remains in the To header field.

What I would like to do is to remove completely the alias reference and
replace it with the username, not only in the INVITE but also in any
following messages (so that the messages received by the UA never
contains any reference to the alias) I try to use append_hf/remove_hf on
the To header, it works, but the alias still appears in some other
messages (ACK..).

Does anyone know if there is a way to achieve that (not for all incoming
number but only the number starting with 0123 for example) ?

Thanks and regards,
Guillaume