[OpenSIPS-Devel] [OpenSIPS-Users] Working out OpenSIPS 3.2 roadmap

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Fri Jan 7 13:45:22 UTC 2022

On 03.12.2020 17:05, Saint Michael wrote:
> Some engines like RocksDB, open-source, should be part of Opensips and
> run in the same process space. This would be a first for any
> softswitch technology.
> We need full SQL technology, with tables, views, stored procedures,
> functions, timers, etc.

Hi, Saint Michael!

So with embed-able K/V databases such as LevelDB (Google) or RocksDB
(Facebook, basically a fork of LevelDB), the only gain over the current,
simplistic approach of "cachedb_local" could only be in terms of
performance.  Right or wrong?

Regarding your other suggestion: that SQL "access" doesn't seem to have
much to do with RocksDB anymore. And AFAIK, you can use avp_db_query()
[1] to send any SQL query, regardless of how complex it is (SELECT,
INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CALL PROCEDURE, CALL FUNCTION, CRATE TABLE,
etc.).  Can you elaborate as to what you are missing here? :-)

[1]: https://opensips.org/docs/modules/3.3.x/avpops.html#func_avp_db_query

Cheers,

--
Liviu Chircu