[OpenSIPS-Devel] not enough free pkg memory

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Fri Jan 29 15:56:03 EST 2021

On 29.01.2021 15:47, Alain Bieuzent wrote:

> However, we don’t use t_on_branch on our script, install the nightly
> packages, can you still help?
>
> Thanks

Thankfully, you are using 3.1 and the debugging should be much easier.
Please make sure to have:

* the "-a Q_MALLOC_DBG" command-line option for the "opensips" binary.
This will activate the debugging allocator, which may increase PKG + SHM
memory usage by 30%, so make sure to give it plenty.
* the global setting "memdump = -1" in your opensips.cfg file

Once ready, restart it, so it starts accumulating debugging data.

Once you think enough time has passed, you can do "opensips-cli -x mi
mem_pkg_dump <linux_pid>" and then provide the output from your
opensips.log file.  The process you choose will dump its PKG memory pool.

Liviu Chircu
www.twitter.com/liviuchircu | www.opensips-solutions.com