[OpenSIPS-Devel] t_on_reply for CANCEL transaction

Ben Newlin Ben.Newlin at genesys.com
Sun Mar 10 10:15:12 EDT 2019

Hello,

We are implemented some more detailed statistics capturing for our proxies which includes transaction statistics and requires that we track all transactions through the system. Implementing this with dialogs was very straightforward, thanks to the E_DLG_STATE_CHANGED events. I have opened a Feature Request [1] for similar functionality in the TM module if it is possible.

In the meantime, I have created routes to track the transactions but I am running into an issue with the CANCEL transaction. It appears that the replies to a CANCEL will only ever trigger the global onreply_route. When I arm a different transaction reply route using t_on_reply it is never called. Since the transaction is not available in the global reply route, I cannot use it for my purposes.

Is it intentional/expected that t_on_reply cannot be used with a CANCEL transaction? If so, are there other methods that also do not work?

[1] - https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/1630

Ben Newlin