[OpenSIPS-Devel] Debian packages

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu Jun 20 04:28:39 EDT 2019

I was wondering if it wouldn't make more sense to include minimalist modules like the new uuid in the core package instead of splitting them into their own package.

Right now there are 42 debian packages generated by opensips. This is a bit excessive and it gets even worse with every new module added that is also made its own standalone package.

IMO it makes sense to split modules into their own packages if:

1. Thy have a niche use case (few people use them or they are very specialized)
2. If they are complementary to each other (like for example database modules, where most of the time only one is used per installation)
3. If they add some heavy dependencies that are not desired for the main package.

I'd say anything more than 12-15 sub packages is pushing it.

--
Dan