[OpenSIPS-Devel] Usage of append_branch()

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Fri Apr 19 02:38:47 EDT 2019

Hi Donat,

append_branch()  simply copies the current RURI (and its related
attributes) as a new branch. So an append_branch() without any RURI
modification will create a new branch identical (as destination and SIP
properties) to the RURI - still there are 2 different branches, so
different VIA branch params.

D-URI is an attribute of RURI (it's its outbound proxy). If you change
$du before append_branch() you will create an identical branch (as RURI
and others), but with a different outbound proxy (destination to send to).

   https://www.opensips-solutions.com
OpenSIPS Summit 2019