[OpenSIPS-Devel] PROTO numbers

Ben Newlin Ben.Newlin at genesys.com
Mon Apr 8 09:44:35 EDT 2019

I believe Address Family (AF) 2 is IPv6 [1].

The protocol number is not the index of the listener, it refers to the actual protocol being used. I think that proto 3 in OpenSIPS is TLS, but I don’t have a reference for that one.

So the error is saying you are attempting to send a message to an IPv6 address using TLS, but you have no listener defined for that combination.

[1] - https://www.iana.org/assignments/address-family-numbers/address-family-numbers.xhtml

Ben Newlin