[OpenSIPS-Devel] create_dialog("RrB") functionality changes in 2.4.2 for pinging timeouts.

Adam Overbeeke Adam.Overbeeke at genesys.com
Tue Aug 28 13:43:06 EDT 2018

Hi,

I am upgrading our system from 2.3.3 to 2.4.2. We noticed that there is some undocumented changes to the create_dialog(“RrB”) method. It seems that a CANCEL method is now sent from OpenSIPS prior to the BYE when a timeout occurs on the ReINVITE pinging. This was unexpected as the far end did not reply with a provisional response. We added an optional CANCEL receiver from our test bed; however thought it should be documented in the version migration documentation from 2.3 -> 2.4.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam Overbeeke
Lead Voice Network Engineer, PureCloud