[OpenSIPS-Devel] handling of preloaded routes in loose_route()

Gergely Dömsödi doome at uhusystems.com
Mon Feb 20 04:31:13 EST 2017

Hello all!

I have made a very short patch for the rr module, but before making a
pull request, I would like to have your opinion about it.

The patch (attached) essentially removes the forced loose routing of
initial INVITEs with preloaded routes, and makes opensips' loose_route()
behave (almost) the same for initial and in-transaction packets. It
enables opensips to work in front of UA-s who send their initial INVITEs
as if their outbound proxy is a strict router. As of now, Asterisk with
its newer PJSIP based SIP stack only supports strict routing scheme for
outbound proxies. It essentially rewrites the request URI to the proxy's
address and adds a Route header with the uri of the destination.

As I am not exactly aware of the reasons why the handling of preloaded
routes was implemented this way, thus I cannot decide if the patch is
correct or breaks any current functionality, so I would be happy to have
your insights.

Thanks,
Gergely Dömsödi