[OpenSIPS-Devel] OpenSIPS 2.3 Stable: The Last Hurdle Before the Amsterdam Summit

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Wed Apr 26 13:13:00 EDT 2017

Great news for everyone in the VoIP community: we have just
released OpenSIPS 2.3.0 stable!

This release is a follow-up of over a month full of testing and taking
care of issues reported through the mailing lists, GitHub tracker and
IRC. Over 150 fix-commits were backported into OpenSIPS 2.3, leading to
what we now consider to be a stable, production-ready SIP server. We
would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who got involved
in this phase and helped make OpenSIPS better!

Nevertheless, this release is only a sip of what's to come, as the 2017
OpenSIPS Summit is almost here. Not only it will be the biggest one so
far, but its true value lies in the plethora of VoIP areas that it will
reach - this event is more than OpenSIPS and SIP.

The Summit will bring together experts from all VoIP related areas:

* WebRTC - Jitsi, Mediasoup, Janus
* SoftSwitches - OpenSIPS, Sippy, FreeSWITCH, Asterisk
* Capturing & RTP - Homer, RTPProxy
* Billing - CGRateS

See you next week,
the OpenSIPS team