[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] don't save ruri to Route in handle_sr if there is no next hop (#642)

Gergely Dömsödi notifications at github.com
Fri Jan 22 14:06:29 CET 2016

Hi Bogdan,

thanks for replying!

Actually, when I made the attached patch, I didn't dig too deep into the handling of strict and loose routing, I just had a problem, which the patch seemed to solve.

The scenario was:

We had an asterisk behind an opensips proxy, and tried to communicate with an other telco. Our asterisk created an INVITE like this:

    INVITE sip:<opensips_address> SIP/2.0
    Route: <sip:phonenumber at telco_address>

After getting through opensips, the packet looked like:

    INVITE sip:<phonenumber at telco_address> SIP/2.0
    Route: <sip:opensips_address>

The other endpoint was also a proxy, and handled this incoming message wrong: it forwarded the message to some of the their SIP servers, and changed the RURI to `<sip:proxy_address>` which it could not handle. As I mentioned, I didn't dig myself deep into the world of SIP routing, so there is a chance that this problem was actually caused by their proxy's bug.

However, with the patch above, our proxy never send out `Route:` headers to our outer legs. This fixed the problem above, and it seems that nothing else got broken (we use this in production since I attached the patch).

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/pull/642#issuecomment-173915709