[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] Proposed fix for erratic nat_traversal keepalives (#751)

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé notifications at github.com
Tue Jan 12 12:14:13 CET 2016

Hi, thanks for the patch! Can you please elaborate / link some documentation on why this is needed? According to the [development guide](http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Development-Manual#toc23) `register_timer` works on some "global timer process" which doesn't appear to be the case anymore.

I see that the problem was introduced in https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/commit/caabbe53229bde6c1d939da2e5380e805b94b983. If timers are ran on all processes now, the change to nat_traversal is incorrect, because we depend on global data, so I'd rather revert back to using a dedicated timer process for our purposes, as before.

@bogdan-iancu can you please shed some light here?

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/pull/751#issuecomment-170879130