[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] How to add rport to REGISTER message (#797)

arovetto notifications at github.com
Thu Feb 18 11:23:16 CET 2016

Thanks @bogdan-iancu,
The requirement is related to the NAT traversal, my SIP Provider has a public IP, and my opensips is behind a NAT. Looking at RFC 6314 (NAT Traversal Practices for Client-Server SIP) at §5.1.1.1 there is an example with a REGISTER with rport used to receive correctly the response through the NAT firewall.
Without adding rport, the provider sends the response to port 5060, instead of the NATTED port.
Thank you

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/797#issuecomment-185642016