[OpenSIPS-Devel] XML parse error when publishing message summary

Henk Hesselink opensips-devel at voipro.nl
Tue Oct 20 12:00:20 CEST 2015

Hi,

When we publish message-summary events to OpenSIPS 1.11.2 we see this:

ERROR:presence:dialog_fix_remote_target: Failed to parse xml dialog
body: Start tag expected, '<' not found#012
ERROR:presence:update_presentity: Failed to fix remote target

in the logs.  The error comes from dialog_fix_remote_target():

handle_publish => update_presentity => dialog_fix_remote_target

which calls xmlParseMemory to parse the message-summary body as XML.
The call to dialog_fix_remote_target is conditional on fix_remote_target
(bla_fix_remote_target param from the presence module) and if we turn
that off the error goes away.  Shouldn't dialog_fix_remote_target only
be called on XML-type bodies?

Regards,

Henk Hesselink
Voipro International