[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] Use the Additional section of SRV queries instead of doing extra requests (#675)

Tristan F. notifications at github.com
Wed Oct 14 13:28:29 CEST 2015

Hi @vladpaiu,

I just pushed a dummy DNS Server on `new.esya.me` that serves the right format for you; you can try this :

```
# dig _sip._udp.example.org @new.esya.me SRV
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;_sip._udp.example.org.		IN	SRV

;; ANSWER SECTION:
_sip._udp.example.org.	600	IN	SRV	1 1 5062 hostA.example.org.
_sip._udp.example.org.	600	IN	SRV	1 1 5061 hostB.example.org.

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
dummy.			600	IN	NS	ignoreme.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
hostA.example.org.	600	IN	A	1.1.1.1
hostA.example.org.	600	IN	A	2.2.2.2
```

You should therefore be able to do a simple redirect on `example.org` and opensips will automatically append `_sip._udp`. This server will have empty answers for anything other than SRV lookup for `_sip._udp.example.org` and is listening on both UDP and TCP. I've included an authority section just to make sure that it is properly skipped by the client.

Best,
Tristan

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/675#issuecomment-148022976