[OpenSIPS-Devel] usrloc module with Redis

Mircea Ulinic mircea at ibrowse.com
Mon May 11 18:25:37 CEST 2015

Hello guys,

As everyone knows already, usrloc module is used for storage of
registered users' details.
At the time being, there are two possibilities to store information: 1.
to save in OpenSips memory - but this you really don't want to do, or 2.
save in a slow and less-scalable MySQL database.

Now, I am wondering why this module does not make use of redis module,
already used by many other.
The implementation can be quite straightforward, just playing a bit with
some Redis-specific datastructures such as SORTED SETs etc.

I cannot see an obvious reason why Redis is not used in this case, since
it would bring lots of improvements when it comes to speed, scalability
and redundancy.

But still I am wondering if there is someone that has already
implemented it and what I am going to do is just reinventing the wheel...

Any opinions about that?

Thank you!
Mircea