[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] (discussion only) uri_resolve method build dest uri with SRV support (#483)

Eric Tamme notifications at github.com
Fri May 1 20:16:46 CEST 2015

I agree with points 1-3, as well as the follow on that it would allow for multiple attempts against weighted SRV records.

I am not sure I follow that we need to know the destination protocol/address family before the main request route - I would say that would not be useful as the request could end up forking via append_branch mechanisms.  Knowing in branch_route IS crucial, and any processing that is happening based on a destination should happen in the branch route father than the request route block.

In the case of failure route, you need to know what AF/protocol you had attempted, but this can be achieved via transactional storage mechanisms: avp, flags etc.  If you t_relay from failure_route it will hit the branch route again for further branch processing.

I assume in your example that in the failure route you have modified plist to remove the previously attempted protocol from the list before passing it to uri_resolve?

It seems like a reasonable approach to me in general.

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/pull/483#issuecomment-98193726