[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] rtpengine module randomly sending wrong SIP response (#433)

Rob Gagnon notifications at github.com
Wed Mar 18 23:09:14 CET 2015

More info as I am looking for the solution in case anyone else wants to be a detective....

In configuration, this is set during route[]
```$var(rtp_params) = "replace-origin ICE=remove replace-session-connection";```
then, during INVITE with SDP:
```if (rtpengine_offer("$var(rtp_params)")) {```
and finally during onreply_route[] with SDP:
```rtpengine_answer("$var(rtp_params)");```

What is happening is SOMETIMES, $var(rtp_params) is NULL before it gets sent into rtpengine_answer().

If I change all instances of the variable to just be the hard-coded string of flags, then everything works fine.  In fact, the $var is NEVER null in the onreply_route[] when I do that.

My belief now is that rtpengine_offer() is somehow NULLifying the value of the $var as if it were passed by reference, but only SOMETIMES.

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/433#issuecomment-83204079