[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] Allow TCP without transport=tcp header (#420)

Eric Tamme notifications at github.com
Thu Mar 5 15:40:16 CET 2015

If there is a preference for UDP, and an SRV lookup is done with no result, I would still want to "fall through" and attempt a TCP SRV lookup.  It seems like this SHOULD be the way things work.

If there is a parameter to place preference on one protocol vs. the other I would still want the fall through behaviour should the preferred protocol not get any SRV result.

If this fall through behaviour would be undesirable for speed purposes to some, then perhaps two parameters:
proto_preference, [UDP|TCP|TLS]
proto_fallthrough, [1|0]

In this case all the existing mechanisms to previously determine the protocol would still be in place, and these parameters would only take effect in the case where an SRV lookup with an "assumed" protocol happens.

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/420#issuecomment-77374361