[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] SIGSEGV in pkg_malloc/fm_malloc (#721)

Răzvan Crainea notifications at github.com
Wed Dec 9 17:27:43 CET 2015

There's no thread-safe allocator in opensips, because there's no need for something like that, since opensips is multi-process, not multi-threaded.
The concurrency seems to be related between two processes, and the only scenario I can think about is that somebody allocates some memory in the shared memory (that is indeed thread safe, because it is shared between all processes) and the private memory (that is never thread safe, because it should only be used by a single process, that runs sequentially), or the other way around. Anyhow, I couldn't point out the exact code that's doing this, so this is just an assumption.

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/721#issuecomment-163314918