[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] Inconsistency with dispatcher between live data & mysql database store (#711)

Yossi notifications at github.com
Mon Dec 7 22:42:05 CET 2015

Greets, Bogdan,

1)  We use a PHP script to send xmlrpc commands to the mi_xmlrpc_ng module.  Manually setting the status of an endpoint in a given setid appears to work fine, and after timer expiry from a manually update, I will see the results written to the state column in the matching row.

2)  I'm not able to say with 100% certainty that it *only* occurs to endpoints that exist among multiple setids, as these particular setid groups in the 1XXX series are the most obvious when the error occurs.  I am continuing to monitor, though.

3)  Each OpenSIPS server has its own distinct and unique database running locally on Percona MySQL.  I would have set one server to be a master and all other OpenSIPS servers to run as slaves, but dispatcher only allows two options at this time:  either it will honor the `state` column and write updates to the database or it will completely ignore the `state` column's value and consider everything at load time to be active.  So due to each server using the default dispatcher persistent_state value, each server has a unique database instance that only it writes to, and all ds_set commands are sent via the script to each of the production OpenSIPS server via xmlrpc.

If you need to see our systems and our usage scenario, please contact me in private regarding that.

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/711#issuecomment-162672975