[OpenSIPS-Devel] [IMPORTANT] Read if you are using TCP/TLS with OpenSIPS 1.11, 1.10 or 1.8

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Tue Apr 21 15:45:53 CEST 2015

Hello all,

 >>> The following notice concerns _all_ OpenSIPS 1.11, 1.10 and 1.8
users making use of TCP/TLS listeners <<<

While keeping in mind the goal of offering uniformity amongst all
supported versions, we decided to push a backwards-incompatible change
on all supported versions a few weeks ago. Although this might cause
headaches to the above-mentioned OpenSIPS users (if not already!), we
feel that these changes will smoothen the transition to the upcoming
OpenSIPS 2.1, while also acting as a scripting improvement.

The change was committed on April 1, 2015. Really. It will _only_ be
contained in the upcoming 1.11.5, 1.10.5 and 1.8.8 releases. It is
basically just a measuring unit change. As such:

- milliseconds instead of seconds for "tcp_connect_timeout" /
"tcp_send_timeout" [1] (more precision, also acts as a feature)
- milliseconds instead of microseconds for
"tcp_async_local_connect_timeout" / "tcp_async_local_write_timeout" [2]
(less precision, but without any costs)
- the official documentation now reflects the new changes! If you're not
running on latest code (older than april 1), be careful with the
documentation for the above 4 parameters when setting up your proxies.

We do our best to keep OpenSIPS as backwards-compatible as possible.
However, sometimes the benefits of doing the opposite outweigh the costs!

[1] http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Script-CoreParameters-1-11#toc93
[2] http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Script-CoreParameters-1-11#toc86

Thank you for your understanding,
OpenSIPS team