[OpenSIPS-Devel] [opensips] date format convert method that use in opensips.cfg (#378)

xiaoqiang.zhou notifications at github.com
Wed Oct 29 11:51:22 CET 2014

Hi:
    I do it.  if set GMT timezone for system, it will work fine.

zhouxiaoqiang.mstech at gmail.com

From: Di-Shi Sun
Date: 2014-10-29 17:21
To: OpenSIPS/opensips
CC: xiaoqiang.zhou
Subject: Re: [opensips] date format convert method that use in opensips.cfg (#378)
First, I was joking. It is definitely not a good idea to use get_timestamp (or other pvars such as $Ts) to generate GMT time string. But it is possible. If you read the code of OpenSIPS, you can see it uses C gettimeofday and time functions to get the number of seconds and microseconds since the Epoch. They are not timezone depending. As long as you set the correct timezone, you can get correct time in seconds from the Epoch. And then, you can generate correct time string in GMT.
—

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/378#issuecomment-60903825